[an error occurred while processing this directive]
1926 Star F
- Long semi-elliptic springs.
- Tubular backbone.
- Special Durant muffler.
- Silent timing chain.
- Hot spot manifold.
- Single dry plate clutch.
- Stream line design.
- Special Touring
Serial Number Range
- C-280832 to C-325000
- E-350000 to E-379999
- L-350000 to L-379999
- T-350000 to T-379999
- Four-cylinder, L-head type, detachable head; bore, 3-3/8"; stroke, 4-1/4"; 152 cubic inches.
- Cast en-bloc with upper half of crankcase.
- 1-1/2" diameter; 5/16" lift.
- CRANKSHAFT BEARINGS
- Front, 1-1/2" diameter by 1-25/32"; center, 1-1/2" by 1-9/16"; rear, 1-1/2" by 2-3/4".
- CAMSHAFT BEARINGS
- Front, 1-3/4" by 1-3/8"; center, 1-5/8" by 15/16"; rear, 1-1/2" by 1-19/32".
- ENGINE LUBRICATION
- The oiling system is the force feed type. The oil gear pump is driven directly from the rear of the camshaft and feeds through the camshaft to all camshaft bearings and to holes drilled in the case to the main crankshaft bearings, to the camshaft arms, to the connecting rods and bearings
- COOLING SYSTEM
- Honeycomb type radiator; 16-inch fan; four blades; water pump, capacity, 4 quarts, with total water capacity of 6.74 quarts.
- GASOLINE SUPPLY
- Capacity of tank, 10 gallons; placed at rear. Vacuum feed.
- One-inch, single jet. Exhaust and intake manifold mounted on left side of engine to which carburetor is attached.
- Single plate, dry type, enclosed in flywheel; easily removable without disturbing engine or transmission.
- Standard, selective sliding-gear type; three speeds forward and one reverse. The design conforms to standard practice.
- FRONT AXLE
- Standard drop forge "I" beam section with Elliott type steering mechanism. Wheels are adjustably mounted on roller bearings.
- REAR AXLE
- Semi-floating, simple design, with spiral-bevel ring gear and pinion.
- STEERING GEAR
- Semi-irreversible, worm-and-gear type. Ball thrust bearing with adjustment for wear. 16" steering wheel. Horn button on wheel.
- Latest Durant perfected shoe brakes; Locomotive type; 11-inch brake drums. Easy and accessible adjustment is provided.
- Front, 33-5/8" long; rear, 49" long.
- Full balloon. 4.95/20"
- 102 inches.
- Left-hand drive, center control; accelerator pedal mounted on toe board. Spark and throttle levers mounted
on steering column just under steering wheel. Speedometer, ammeter, oil gauge, choke, ignition and
lighting switch, mounted on instrument board.
- STARTING, LIGHTING, IGNITION
- Generator; starting motor; igniter and coil. Unaffected by weather conditions.
- STANDARD EQUIPMENT