[an error occurred while processing this directive]
1924 Star F
- The Star Special Sedan is furnished with body panels in maroon or blue. It is equipped with a nickled radiator and disc wheels.
- Continental W-4, four-cylinder, L-head type, detachable head; bore, 3-1/8"; stroke, 4-1/4"; 130.4 cubic inches.
- Cast en-bloc with upper half of crankcase.
- 1-1/2" diameter; 5/16" lift.
- PISTON AND CONNECTING ROD ASSEMBLY
- Piston and connecting rod assembly can be removed from top or bottom of case.
- CRANKSHAFT BEARINGS
- Front, 1-1/2" diameter by 1-25/32"; center, 1-1/2" by 1-9/16"; rear, 1-1/2" by 2-3/4".
- CAMSHAFT BEARINGS
- Front, 1-3/4" by 1-3/8"; center, 1-5/8" by 1"; rear, 1-1/2" by 1-19/32".
- ENGINE LUBRICATION
- The oiling system is the force feed type. The oil gear pump is driven directly from the rear of the camshaft and feeds through the camshaft to all camshaft bearings and to holes drilled in the case to the main crankshaft bearings, to the camshaft arms, to the connecting rods and bearings
- COOLING SYSTEM
- Honeycomb type radiator; 16-inch fan; four blades; water pump; radiator capacity, 8 quarts.
- GASOLINE SUPPLY
- Capacity of tank, 10 gallons; placed at rear. Vacuum feed is provided.
- One-inch, single jet. Exhaust and intake manifold mounted on left side of engine to which carburetor is attached.
- Single plate, dry type, enclosed in flywheel; easily removable without disturbing engine or transmission.
- Standard, selective sliding-gear type; three speeds forward and one reverse. The design conforms to standard practice.
- FRONT AXLE
- Standard drop-forged "I" beam section with Elliott type steering mechanism. Wheels are adjustably mounted on roller bearings.
- REAR AXLE
- Semi-floating, simple design, with spiral-bevel ring gear and pinion.
- STEERING GEAR
- Semi-irreversible, worm-and-gear type. Ball thrust bearings are used, with suitable adjustment for wear. 16" steering wheel. Horn button on wheel.
- External contracting; internal expanding; 10-inch brake drums. Easy accessible adjustment is provided.
- Front, 33-5/8" long; rear, 49" long.
- 30" x 3-1/2", non-skid cord all around on all models.
- 102 inches.
- Left-hand drive, center control; accelerator pedal mounted on toe board. Spark and throttle levers mounted
on steering column just under steering wheel. Speedometer, ammeter, oil gauge, choke, ignition and
lighting switch, mounted on instrument board.
- STARTING, LIGHTING, IGNITION
- Generator; starting motor; igniter and coil. Unaffected by weather conditions.
- STANDARD EQUIPMENT