[an error occurred while processing this directive]
1922 Star C
- Continental motor
- Timken bearings and axles
- Warner-built transmission
- Continental W-4, four-cylinder, L-head type, detachable head; bore, 3-1/8" ; stroke, 4-1/4": 130,4 cubic inches.
- Cast en-bloc with upper half of crankcase.
- 1-1/2" diameter; 5/16" lift.
- PISTON AND CONNECTING ROD ASSEMBLY
- Piston rod, connecting rod assernbly can be removed from either top or bottom of case.
- Tensile strength, 100,000 lbs. per square inch.
- CRANKSHAFT BEARINGS
- Front, 1-1/2" diameter x 1-15/16"; center, 1-1/2" x 1-9/16"; rear, 1-1/2" x 2-3/4".
- CAMSHAFT BEARINGS
- Front, 1-3/4" x 1-3/8"; center, 1-5/8" x 1"; rear 1-1/2" x 1".
- ENGINE LUBRICATION
- The oiling system is the force feed type. The oil gear pump is driven directly from the rear of the cam shaft and feeds through the camshaft to all camshaft bearings and to holes drilled in the case to the main crank shaft bearings, to the camshaft arms, to connecting rods and bearings.
- COOLING SYSTEM
- Fedders radiator, honeycomb type; 16-inch fan; four blades; water pump, water capacity 8 quarts.
- GASOLINE SUPPLY
- Capacity of tank, 11-1/2 gallons; placed at rear. Stewart vacuum feed is provided. Fire hazard reduced to the minimum.
- Tillotson, 1 inch. Exhaust and intake manifold mounted to left side of engine to which carburetor is attached.
- Single plate, dry type; enclosed in flywheel: easily removable without disturbing engine or transmIssion.
- Standard, selective, sliding gear type, three speeds forward and reverse. The design conforms in all respects to standard practice.
- FRONT AXLE
- Timken; standard drop forge "I" beam section, with Elliott type steering mechanism. Wheels are adjustably mounted on Timken bearings.
- REAR AXLE
- Timken; three-quarter floating, simple design. Timken bearings used throughout.
- STEERING GEAR
- Warner, semi-irreversible, worm and gear type. Ball thrust bearings are used, with suitable adjustment for wear. 16-inch steering wheel. Horn button on wheel.
- External contracting; intemal expanding; 10-inch brake drums. Easy and accessible adjustment is provided.
- Front, 34" long; rear, 48" long.
- 30" x 3-1/2", all around; Fisk Premiere.
- 102 inches.
- Left-hand drive, center control; accelerator pedal mounted on bracket of toe board, with foot rest. Spark and throttle mounted within easy reach of driver and easily operated. Deslgn is simple. Ignition and lighting switch mounted in instrument plate.
- STARTING, LIGHTING, IGNITION
- Autolite generator, starting motor, igniter and coil. Unaffected by weather conditions.
- STANDARD EQUIPMENT