[an error occurred while processing this directive]
1929 Rugby T
- Fast Mail Chassis with Panel Body $975.001
- Fast Mail Chassis with Cowl $725.001
1 1929 prices, US dollars, f.o.b. Lansing
Serial Number Range
- Six-cylinder "L" Head, 2-7/8" bore by 4-3/4" stroke. Piston displacement, 185 cubic inches. Actual brake horsepower, 47 at 2600 R.P.M. S.A.E. rating, 19.84 horsepower. Nelson Bohnalite alloy pistons. Four point rubber mounted suspension.
- Cylinder cast en-bloc-detachable head.
- Four main bearing crankshaft-bronze backed bearings
- Morse silent timing chain drive-adjustable.
- ENGINE LUBRICATION
- Force feed lubrication. Hall-Winslow open circuit filter mounted on engine.
- COOLING SYSTEM
- Centrifugal water pump; ribbon cellular core radiator; water capacity, 12 quarts; 16" 4-blade fan, thermostatic control of water.
- GASOLINE SUPPLY
- Vacuum feed-Stewart Warner. Fuel tank capacity, 11-1/2 gallons at rear of frame on the bottom; gasoline gauge.
- Tillotson economizer carburetor.
- Single dry plate-smooth-positive; enclosed in flywheel
- Three-speed selected in unit with engine; main shaft mounted on ball bearings; alloy steel hardened gears; direct drive 1 to 1; intermediate drive 1.77 to 1; low drive 3.32 to 1; reverse 4.2. Drive through Spicer universal joints; Hotchkiss type;
tubular propeller shaft.
- FRONT AXLE
- Drop forged I-beam; reverse Elliott type; heavy alloy steel steering knuckles mounted on ball thrust bearings; ball and socket steering rod connections; center point steer
- REAR AXLE
- Semi-floating; spiral bevel drive gear and pinion; Timken roller bearings on axle shafts; drive pinion mounted on Timken roller bearings; differential mounted on large annular ball bearings; alloy steel axle shafts; drive gear and pinion mesh adjustable;
axle housing trussed with heavy rod; gear ratio, 4-4/9 to 1.
- Four-wheel Bendix three shoe, front 11" x 1-1/2", rear 11" x 1-1/2"; easy adjustment. Front and rear brakes foot and hand operated.
- Pressed steel; 5" deep 5/32" stock; four sturdy pressed steel cross members -- heavily gussetted.
- CHASSIS LUBRICATION
- Alemite high pressure.
- Semi-elliptic; front, 36" long, 1-3/4" wide -- nine leaves; rear, 54" long, 1-3/4" wide -- twelve leaves; spring eyes bushed; Tryon shackle on rear end of front and rear springs.
- STEERING GEAR
- Worm and wheel adjustable; ball thrust bearings; ratio, 11 to 1; 17'' steering wheel.
- Wood-artillery; heavy demountable rims; tire carrier on left front side of body.
- 19" x 5.00" balloon tires.
- 110 inches
- STARTING, LIGHTING, IGNITION
- Auto-Lite-semi-automatic ignition.
- GENERAL INFORMATION
- tread, 56"; chassis weight, 1,650 pounds.; standard panel body, 650 pounds; turning radius, 18-1/2 feet approximately
- BODY DIMENSIONS
- Length back of driver's seat, 65"; width, 49"; height, 47-1/2".