[an error occurred while processing this directive]
1925 Mason C
- All main units easily accessible for service.
- N.A.C.C. horsepower rating, 25.6. Maximum horsepower, 46. L-head. Four cylinders cast en bloc. Bore and stroke, 4" x 5". Removable cylinder head. Valves easily accessible and entirely enclosed, operating in bath of oil vapor. Lynite pistons and connecting rods.
- ENGINE LUBRICATION
- Pressure feed to all main bearings. Piston pin bearings, camshaft and cylinders oiled from cylinder cheeks. Gear-type oil pump.
- COOLING SYSTEM
- Positive water circulation, by means ofpump. Liberal water jackets. Radiator capacity, 8 gallons. Fan belt extra wide, easily adjusted by one screw,
- GASOLINE SUPPLY
- Gasoline tank, 25-gallons capacity, mounted on left-hand side of frame, between outriggers. Vacuum feed. Visible gasoline gauge on dash.
- Borg & Beck 12" special.
- Constant mesh, selective type. Three speeds forward and one reverse, special design. Ratios: First speed, 4 to 1; Second speed, 2 to 1; High speed, 1 to 1. Driving gears in constant mesh, thereby eliminating the clashing of gears in changing gears. Speed changes can be made at any vehicle speed without a clash of gears. Midship mounting.
- Through propellor shafts and double universal joints, absorbed through spring-cushioned torque arm.
- FRONT AXLE
- Drop-forged I-beam of reverse Elliot type, king pin inclined and vertical load of same taken on ball bearings which greatly facilitates steering. Gilliam bearings of extra size used in both inner and outer wheel position.
- REAR AXLE
- Extra-heavy design throughout for bus requirements. Spiral bevel gears, ratio 5.3 to 1. Oversize bearings throughout.
- Pressed steel, 5-9/16"x1-3/4"x3/16", reinforced throughout. Designed to withstand the heavy stresses. Body outriggers are securely riveted to frame and supported by cross member, which also relieve the frame side rails of stresses due to weight and weave of the body and its load. Special attention is invited to outriggers provided on frame, also long, rear cross member to which the body is bolted. This relieves body sills of load and road strains, greatly prolonging life of entire body.
- STEERING GEAR
- Irreversible, easily operated, 18" wheel.
- 2-3/4" x 16" service brake, external contracting, operated by foot; 2-3/4" x 16" internal expanding emergency brake operated by hand lever.
- CHASSIS LUBRICATION
- Zerk High-pressure Lubrication System throughout.
- Semi-elliptic, front and rear, designed to withstand road shocks. Good riding qualities are obtained with comparatively light as well as capacity loads by means of auxiliary springs which come into action after vehicle is partly loaded.
- 20" rim base; disc wheels, standard equipment; dual wheels in rear..
- 30" x 5" bus-type pneumatic cords, front and rear.
- 168 inches.
- 56 inches.
- Weight of chassis complete, 3900 pounds.
- Length from dash to end of frame, 193 inches. Width over body outriggers, 57". Height from ground to top of frame at front step, without body or load, 24". Height from ground to top of frame at extreme rear end with body and full load, 28".
- STARTING, LIGHTING, IGNITION
- Battery Ignition: Closed-circuit type 6-8 volt. Distributor and Coil - Auto-Lite. Starting Motor: 6-volt type Auto-Lite, located on bell housing in front of flywheel on right-hand side of the motor. Bendix drive enclosed in bell housing, free from dirt.
- STANDARD EQUIPMENT
- Electric starting and lighting system. Storage battery - 6-volt, 17-plate. Head lamps, drum type, universal mounting. Tail lamp. Dash lamp. Motometer. Speedometer. Ammeter. Gasoline gauge on instrument board. Oil gauge. Nickel-plated radiator guard of drop-forged steel. Front bumper. Complete set of tools.