[an error occurred while processing this directive]
1926 Flint Z-18 (Flint Junior)
- 40 horsepower motor, designed by Flint and built by Continental
- Four cross-member frame, for added strength
- Long, flat springs together with rubber shock insulators provide the utmost in easy riding comfort.
- Coach $1085.001
- De Luxe Coach $1185.001
1 1926 prices, US dollars, f.o.b. Flint
Serial Number Range
- "Continental" built; Six-cylinder, L-head type, detachable head; bore, 2-3/4"; stroke, 4-3/4"; 169.28 cubic inches; 40 brake horsepower, 105 foot pounds of torque at 2800 r.p.m
- Cast en-bloc with upper half of crankcase.
- CRANKSHAFT BEARINGS
- Four main bearings
- CAMSHAFT BEARINGS
- Four main bearings; the camshaft is driven by Morse Silent chain.
- ENGINE LUBRICATION
- Force feed oiling to all main, connecting rod and camshaft bearings by gear pump.
- COOLING SYSTEM
- Impeller type water pump; 4-blade, 16 inch fan driven by "V" belt from crankshaft; water jackets extended below bottom of piston stroke.
- GASOLINE SUPPLY
- 12 gallon tank; "STEWART" vacuum system.
- Single dry disc, enclosed in flywheel.
- In unit with engine. Three forward speeds and reverse.
- FRONT AXLE
- Reverse "Elliot" type; easy steering.
- REAR AXLE
- Semi-floating; pinion shaft and differential mounted on extra large ball bearings.
- STEERING GEAR
- "Warner" irreversible worm and gear type; adapted to ballon tires.
- Mechanical contracting band type, two-wheel brakes; with 12" drums.
- CHASSIS LUBRICATION
- "Zerk" pressure feed system.
- Semi-elliptic, rear, 52" long; front, 53" long; equipped with rubber shock insulators.
- 110 inches.
- STARTING, LIGHTING AND IGNITION
- "Auto-Lite" system; "Bendix" drive starter; lighting and ignition switch on instrument panel.
- GENERAL EQUIPMENT
- Instrument board: ammeter, oil gauge, speedometer, lighting and ignition switch, concealed instrument board lights, hron on steering wheel, ail lamp, tool kit, extra rim, cowl ventilator.
- DE LUXE EQUIPMENT
- Bumper and extra tire.