[an error occurred while processing this directive]
1926 Flint B-40
- Continental six-cylinder motor
touring with Winter Top
Serial Number Range
- Continental engine. Six-cylinder, 48 horsepower at 2,400 r.p.m., bore 3-1/8", stroke 4-1/4"; L-head type, 195.6 cubic inch displacement.
- Cast en-bloc with upper half of crankcase.
- 1-1/2" diameter, 5/16" lift.
- Three rings 3/16" wide, all above piston pin.
- CONNECTING RODS
- 8-1/4" center to center; material is drop-forged steel, heat treated; bearing is cast in rod; diameter, 2"; width, 1-3/8";.
- Four-bearing; front , 2" diameter and 1-1/2" long; both center bearings, 2" diameter and 1-3/8" long; rear bearing, 2" diameter and 2-11/32" long; all bearings accessible by removing oil pan without disturbing any other parts.
- Four-bearing; carbon steel; case hardened and ground.
- ENGINE LUBRICATION
- Force feed gear type oil pump; camshaft drilled and oil is forced to camshaft bearings through case to main crankshaft bearings and to connecting rod bearings.
- COOLING SYSTEM
- Fedders radiator; honeycomb type, 16" four-blade fan; water capacity of cooling system is 12 quarts.
- TIMING GEAR DRIVE
- Morse silent chain; simple adjustment.
- Plain tube carburetor; combination intake and exhaust manifold with hot spot located on left side of motor and has carburetor attached.
- Single plate, dry type enclosed in flywheel; easily adjusted or removed without disturbing engine or transmission.
- Warner standard selective type; three speeds forward and one reverse, located amidship of car.
- ELECTRIC SYSTEM
- Auto-Lite starting motor, generator, coil and distributor; U.S.L. battery, 92 amp. hours.
- Left-hand drive, with spark and throttle levers mounted on steering wheel; ignition and lighting switch mounted on instrument board.
- FRONT AXLE
- Adams; reverse Elliott type, "I" beam, tapered roller hub bearings.
- REAR AXLE
- Adams; semi-floating type; spiral bevel pinion and ring gear; ratio, 4-7/9 to 1.
- Double-shoe type on front and rear wheels; operated from foot pedal; emergency connection to hand brake lever.
- Semi-elliptic type; front, 35" long; rear, 50-1/2" long; spring bolts, 9/16" diameter; front, seven leaves; rear, seven leaves; springs are 2" wide.
- 5.25 balloon demountable on 20" disc steel wheels..
- CHASSIS LUBRICATION
- Alemite system.
- STEERING GEAR
- Worm and lever type; ball thrust bearings with adjustment to take up wear; 16" steering wheel; horn button mounted on steering wheel.
- Pressed steel 4.5" channel, 5/32" thick; five cross members and four-point motor suspension.
- GASOLINE SUPPLY
- Stewart vacuum feed is used; gasoline tank located at rear of frame and has a capacity of 12 gallons.
- 115 inches
- Barrel type, nickel plated and black enamel; equipped with Smith lenses.
- STANDARD EQUIPMENT
- Front bumper, motometer, winged radiator cap, windshield wiper, rear vision mirror, extra ballon tire, tube and tire cover.