[an error occurred while processing this directive]
1925 Flint B-40
- Continental six-cylinder motor
Serial Number Range
- Continental engine. Six-cylinder, 50 horsepower at 2,400 r.p.m., bore 3-1/8", stroke 4-1/4"; L-head type.
- Cast en-bloc with upper half of crankcase.
- 1-1/2" diameter, 5/16" lift.
- Three rings, 3/16" wide, all above piston pin.
- CONNECTING RODS
- 8-1/4" center to center; material is drop-forged steel; bearing is cast in rod; diameter, 2"; width, 1-3/8";
- Four-bearing; front, 2" diameter and 1-1/2" long; both center bearings, 2" diameter and 1-3/8" long; rear bearing, 2" diameter and 2-11/32" long; all bearings easily accessible.
- Four-bearing; front bearing, bronze-back babitt; carbon steel, case-hardened and ground.
- ENGINE LUBRICATION
- Force feed gear type oil pump; camshaft drilled and oil is forced to camshaft bearings through case to main crankshaft bearings and to connecting rod bearings.
- COOLING SYSTEM
- Fedders radiator; honeycomb type, 16" four-blade fan; water capacity of cooling system is 12 quarts.
- TIMING GEAR DRIVE
- Morse silent chain; simple adjustment.
- Carter plain tube carburetor; combination intake and exhaust manifold with hot spot located on left side of motor with carburetor
- Single plate, dry type enclosed in flywheel; easily adjusted or removed without disturbing engine or transmission.
- Warner standard selective type; three speeds forward and one reverse, located amidship of car.
- ELECTRIC SYSTEM
- Auto-Lite starting motor, generator, coil and distributor; U.S.L. battery, 92 amp. hours.
- Left-hand drive, with spark and throttle levers mounted on steering wheel; ignition and lighting switch mounted on instrument board.
- FRONT AXLE
- Adams; reverse Elliott type, inclined king pins, tapered roller hub bearings.
- REAR AXLE
- Adams; semi-floating type; spiral bevel pinion and ring gear; ratio, 4-7/9 to 1.
- Lockheed Hydraulic Internal four-wheel brakes; 14" diameter.
- Semi-floating type; front, 36" long; rear, 51-1/2" long; spring bolts, 9/16" diameter; front, nine leaves; rear, eight leaves; springs are 2" wide.
- Full balloon, size 30 x 5.77.
- CHASSIS LUBRICATION
- Zerk High Pressure (Alemite system may have been used on Canadian cars).
- STEERING GEAR
- Roff-Warner, cam and lever type; ratio 16 to 1; ball thrust bearings with adjustment to take up wear; steering wheel 17" diameter with corrugated wood rim; horn button mounted on steering wheel.
- Pressed steel and tubing with 5" channel 5/32" thick; five cross members and four-point motor suspension on tubular sub-frame.
- GASOLINE SUPPLY
- Stewart vacuum feed is used; gasoline tank located at rear of frame and has a capacity of 16 gallons.
- 115 inches
- Barrel type, completely nickeled; equipped with Smith lenses, 8" diameter.