[an error occurred while processing this directive]
1931 Durant 619
- Six cylinder, 71 horsepower, Continental engine.
- Midland steel-draulic, 4-wheel brakes.
- Hydaulic, two-way shock absorbers
- Optional wire wheels.
Serial Number Range
- Six-cylinder, L-head type. Detachable head. Bore, 3-1/4", stroke, 4". Piston displacement, 199 cubic inches. Taxable horsepower, 25.4; brake horsepower, 71 at 3300 r.p.m. Motor mounted in rubber. Compression ratio, 5.32. Maximum torque, 144 foot pounds at 1300 r.p.m.
- Cast in block with upper half of crankcase.
- Intake, 1-9/16"; exhaust, 1-7/16"; valve lift, 11/32".
- CRANKSHAFT BEARINGS
- Four crankshaft bearings. Front, 2-3/8" by 1-7/16". Two intermediate, 2-3/8" by 1-9/16", Rear, 2-3/8" by 1-7/8". All bearings are bronze back, babbitt lined, of the interchangeable type, using no shims.
- CAMSHAFT BEARINGS
- Front, 2-1/16" diameter by 1-7/32". Intermediate front, 2" diameter by 3/4". Intermediate rear, 1-15/16" diameter by 3/4". Rear, 1-7/8" diameter by 1". All bearings are steel back, babbitt lined.
- ENGINE LUBRICATION
- Force feed to main bearings, connecting rod bearings and camshaft bearings. Gear type pump. Oil filter on motor.
- COOLING SYSTEM
- Centrifugal pump. Radiator capacity, 14 quarts.
- GASOLINE SUPPLY
- Capacity of tank, 12 galons; fuel pump.
- 1-1/4" carburetor; air cleaner.
- Single plate, dry disc., enclosed in flywheel.
- Selective sliding gear type, three speeds forward and one reverse. Unit mounting with motor.
- Double drop pressed steel channel section. Extra deep with wide upper and lower flanges and sturdy cross members braced with extra wide gussets. Turning circle, either direction, 38 feet.
- FRONT AXLE
- Standard drop-dorged I-beam with reverse Elliott-type steering mechanism. Tapered roller bearings and ball thrust bearings used on steering knuckle king pins.
- REAR AXLE
- Semi-floating, spiral ring and pinion, tapered roller bearings throughout. Gear ration, 3.9 to 1.
- STEERING GEAR
- Semi-irreversible, worm and sector type; adjustable for wear. Roller thrust bearings. 17" steering wheel.
- Midland steel-draulic, 4-wheel., 11" diameter, 1-1/2" wide.
- CHASSIS LUBRICATION
- Zerk pressure gun.
- Semi-elliptic; front, 36" long, 1-3/4" wide; rear, 54" long. 1-3/4" wide.
- Standard equipment, four wood wheels and spare rim. Optional equipment, five wire wheels.
- 19 x 4.75 balloon.
- 109 inches.
- SHIPPING WEIGHT
- Five-passenger sedan with wood wheels, 2711 pounds; with five wire wheels, 2756 pounds.
- STARTING, LIGHTING, IGNITION
- Electric Auto-Lite starting and lighting system. 13-plate, 87 ampere-hour U.S.L. storage battery.
- STANDARD EQUIPMENT
- Includes temperature indicator; gasoline gauge; speedometer; ammeter; oil gauge; pull controls for spark, throttle and choke; coincidental ignition and coil lock; foot-operated headlight control; rear view mirror; automatic windshield wiper; front, and rear bumpers; hydraulic two-way shock absorbers; air cleaner; oil filter. All bright finished exterior hardware chromium plated.