[an error occurred while processing this directive]
1931 Durant 618
- Continental 22A, six-cylinder engine
- Four-wheel, "Steeldraulic" brakes
- Selective Free Wheeling transmission
- Double-acting hydraulic shock absorbers
De Luxe Coupe
- Sport Roadster
- Special Sedan
- De Luxe Coupe
- De Luxe Sedan
Serial Number Range
- 6-cylinder, mountings cushioned in rubber, "L" head. Bore 3-3/8", stroke 4". N.A.C.C. rating, 27.34 h.p. Interchangeable main bearings, bronze-backed, babbitt lined, PYRODYNE non-detonating cylinder head. ISOMETRIC aluminum alloy pistons. Force feed lubrication. Camshaft driven by silent chain.
- COOLING SYSTEM
- Free flow radiator, capacity 3 gallons. Large centrifugal water pump near rear of block. Thermostat controls engine temperature.
- FUEL SYSTEM
- 13½ gallon gasoline tank at rear of chassis. Electric gasoline gauge on dash. Fuel pump to plain tube carburetor. Manifold hot spot. Gasoline filter. Air cleaner. Intake Silencer.
- Mounted with engine and transmission to form unit power plant. Multiple spring, single dry plate type with rubber insulated center. Adjustable.
- Selective, sliding gear type. Three speeds forward, one reverse. Selective Free Wheeling.
- Hotchkiss drive. Power plant, drive shaft and pinion shaft in straight line when car is loaded. Two all-metal universal joints.
- FRONT AXLE
- Reverse Elliot type. Drop forged, heat-treated I-beam. Tapered roller bearings for wheels.
- REAR AXLE
- Semi-floating 8-bearing type. All tapered roller bearings. Special 2-bearing arrangement receives wheel thrust at axle ends.
- STEERING GEAR
- Steering pivots have ball thrust bearings. Ball joints for all steering linkage. Worm and sector steering gear with tapered roller bearings.
- "Steeldraulic" 4-wheel, internal expanding type.
- 115 inches.
- STARTING, LIGHTING, IGNITION
- 6-volt, 2-unit electric system. Distributer has manual and automatic spark control. Mounted above engine. Depressible beam headlights. Fender lamps.
- STANDARD EQUIPMENT
- Includes selective Free Wheeling, Automatic Starting Device, electric temperature indicator and gasoline gauge, speedometer, ammeter, oil gauge, pull controls for spark, throttle and choke. Coincidental ignition and coil lock, foot pedal headlight control, rear view mirror, automatic windshield wiper, chromium plating on bright finished exterior hardware. Double-acting hydraulic shock absorbers. Front and rear bumpers.
- DE LUXE EQUIPMENT
- Sedan and Coupe models available with De Luxe equipment at additional cost.