[an error occurred while processing this directive]
1931 Durant 612
- Six cylinder engine
- Equipped with the "Pullman attachment" (a fully reclining front seat)
1 Tourist Sedan equipment includes: wheels, six wire wheels with two wheels mounted in front fender wells, two spare tires, trunk rack.
Serial Number Range
- Continental built. Six cylinders, L-head type, detachable head; bore, 3-1/4"; stroke, 4"; piston displacement, 199 cubic inches; taxable horsepower, 25.4; brake horsepower, 71 at 3,100 R.P.M; engine mounted in rubber. Compression ratio 5.32. Maximum torque 144 foot pounds at 1,300 R.P.M.
- Cast en-bloc with upper half of crankcase.
- Intake, 1-9/16"; exhaust, 1-7/16"; valve lift, 11/32".
- CRANKSHAFT BEARINGS
- Front, 2-3/8" diameter by 1-7/16"; two intermediate, 2-3/8" diameter by 1-9/16"; rear, 2-3/8" diameter by 1-7/8". All bearings are bronze back, babbitt lined, of the interchangeable type, using no shims.Torsonal vibration damper on crankshaft.
- CAMSHAFT BEARINGS
- Front, 2-1/16" diameter by 1-7/32"; intermediate, front, 2" diameter by 3/4"; intermediate, rear, 1-15/16" diameter by 3/4"; rear, 1-7/8" diameter by 1". All bearings are steel back, babbitt lined.
- ENGINE LUBRICATION
- Force feed to main bearings, connecting rod bearings and camshaft bearings. Gear type pump. A.C. oil filter on engine.
- COOLING SYSTEM
- Centrifugal pump; radiator capacity, 14 quarts.
- GASOLINE SUPPLY
- Capacity of tank, 12 gallons; fuel pump.
- 1-1/4"; air cleaner.
- Single-plate, dry-disc. Enclosed in flywheel.
- Selective sliding-gear type; three speeds forward and one reverse; unit mounted with engine.
- FRONT AXLE
- Standard drop-forged "I" beam section with reverse Elliott type steering mechanism. Tapered roller wheel bearings and ball thrust bearings used on steering knuckle king pins.
- REAR AXLE
- Semi-floating, with spiral ring-gear and pinion. Gear ratio, 4.4 to 1
- STEERING GEAR
- Semi-irreversible, worm-and-gear type. Ball thrust bearings. 17" steering wheel.
- Midland steeldraulic, 4-wheel, 11" diameter, 1-1/2" wide.
- CHASSIS LUBRICATION
- Zerk pressure gun.
- Semi-elliptic; front, 36" by 1-3/4", 7-leaves; rear, 55" by 2", 7 leaves.
- Standard equipment, six wire wheels with two wheels mounted in front fender wells, two spare tires.
- 19 x 5.00
- 112 inches.
- STARTING, LIGHTING, IGNITION
- Electric Auto-Lite starting and lighting system. 13-plate, 106-ampere-hour U.S.L. storage battery.
- STANDARD EQUIPMENT
- Includes temperature indicator and gasoline gauge, speedometer, ammeter, oil gauge, pull controls for spark, throttle and choke, coincidental ignition and coil lock, foot pedal headlight control, rear view mirror, automatic windshield wiper, front and rear bumpers, hydraulic two-way shock absorbers, air cleaner, oil filter, trunk rack. All bright finished exterior hardware chromium plated.