[an error occurred while processing this directive]
1930 Durant 617
- Continental 15U, six-cylinder engine.
- Durant-built 4-Forward-Speed transmission.
- 4-wheel Steeldraulic brakes.
- Forward-tilting, no-glare windshield.
- Business Coupe $995.001
- Standard Coupe $1,025.001
- Standard Sedan $1,065.001
- Sport Roadster $1,155.001
- De Luxe Coupe $1,155.001
- De Luxe Sedan $1,195.001
- De Luxe Phaeton $1,185.001
1 1930 prices, US dollars, f.o.b. Lansing
Serial Number Range
The 617 is incorrectly illustrated in the Durant sales brochure A-30-108. It is shown with hood spears. A February 25, 1930 Service bulletin describes the error and announces a replacement brochure A-30-107. This brochure illustrates the 617 with vertical hood louvers.
- Continental 15U, six-cylinder, L-head. Bore 3-3/8", stroke 4-5/8". 70 brake horsepower at 3000 r.p.m., N.A.C.C. rating 27.34 h.p. Seven main bearings, bronze-backed, babbitt lined, interchangeable; Isometric invar strut pistons. Pyrodyne non-detonating cylinder head. Force feed lubrication, oil filter, air cleaner, gasoline filter, crankcase vapor remover and fuel saver.
- FUEL SYSTEM
- Fuel tank at rear of chassis. Electric gas gauge on dash. Fuel pump feed to high-power plain tube carburetor.
- ELECTRIC SYSTEM
- 6-volt 2-unit system., 117 ampere hour battery. Generator driven by silent chain.
- Multiple spring, single, dry disc type. Ball thrust bearing release mechanism. Driven member rubber insulated.
- Durant-built 4-Forward-Speed transmission, with silent "third" and "doublehigh". Standard gear shift positions.
- FRONT AXLE
- Reverse Elliot type. Drop-forged knuckles and I-beam. Ball thrust bearing steering pivots. Tapered roller wheel bearings
- STEERING GEAR
- Constant pressure worm and sector irreversible type. Turning radius 19½ feet right or left. Ratio 15 to 1. 17" diameter wheel.
- 4-wheel, internal expanding steeldraulic. Hand lever applies all four brakes for parking. Single shoe twin contact type. 14" diameter drums.
- Semi-elliptical. Front 36" long, 2" wide. Rear 55" long, 2" wide. Self-adjusting all-metal shackles.
- Wood standard. Wire wheels on De Luxe models. Tires -- Balloon type 19 x 5.50 (29 x 5.50)
- 116 inches
- On instrument panel. Spark, throttle, choke and light switch "pull" controls. Coincidental coil and ignition switch lock. Push button on toe board tilts headlight rays.
- Forward tilting, no-glare, on-piece, ventilating type. Wide vision. Adjustable, crank handle control.
- Rear vision mirror, automatic windshield wiper, electric horn, combination stop and tail light, jack, tool kit, tire carrier with extra rim, headlamps with depressible beams, etc. All exterior bright hardware chromium plated. Four double-acting hydraulic shock absorbers. Electric engine temperature indicator.
- DE LUXE EQUIPMENT
- Front and rear bumpers. Luggage rack at rear. Six wire wheels, the two extra with tires mounted in fender wells with side carriers. Five wire wheels also available.
- OVERALL LENGTH
- Standard Sedan, 175¾"; De Luxe Sedan, 179½"
- Sedan, 3250 pounds.