[an error occurred while processing this directive]
1930 Durant 614
- Continental 22A, six-cylinder engine.
- Cars were produced with two styles of hood louvers, vertical and horizontal "spearoid".
- Continental 22A engine. Six cylinders, L-head type, detachable head; bore, 3-1/4"; stroke, 4"; piston displacement, 199 cubic inches; brake horsepower, 58 at 3,100 R.P.M; engine mounted in rubber. Compression ratio 5.32 to 1. PYRODYNE non-detonating cylinder head. ISOMETRIC aluminum alloy invar strut pistons.
- Cast en-bloc with upper half of crankcase.
- Intake, 1-9/16"; exhaust, 1-7/16"; valve lift, 5/16".
- CRANKSHAFT BEARINGS
- Front, 2-3/8" diameter by 1-7/16"; two intermediate, 2-3/8" diameter by 1-9/16"; rear, 2-3/8" diameter by 1-7/8". Interchangable main bearings, bronze-backed, babbitt lined. Torsonal vibration damper on crankshaft.
- CAMSHAFT BEARINGS
- Front, 2-1/32" diameter by 1-11/32"; intermediate, front, 1-31/32" diameter by 3/4"; intermediate, rear, 1-29/32" diameter by 3/4"; rear, 1-27/32" diameter by 1".
- ENGINE LUBRICATION
- Force feed to main bearings, connecting rod bearings and camshaft bearings. Gear type pump. A.C. oil filter on engine. Crankcase capacity: 6 quarts.
- COOLING SYSTEM
- McCord tubular radiator; Centrifugal pump near rear of block; radiator capacity, 14 quarts; 180 degree thermostat.
- GASOLINE SUPPLY
- Capacity of tank, 12 gallons; A.C. fuel pump.
- Stromberg U-2 plain tube carburetor; A.C. air cleaner.
- Mounted with engine and transmission to form unit power plant. Multiple spring, single dry plate type with rubber insulated center, adjustable.
- Selective sliding-gear type; three speeds forward and one reverse; unit mounted with engine.
- FRONT AXLE
- Standard drop-forged "I" beam section with reverse Elliott type steering mechanism. Timken, tapered roller wheel bearings. Steering pivots have ball thrust bearings. Ball joints for all steering linkage. Worm and sector steering gear.
- REAR AXLE
- Semi-floating 8-bearing type, with spiral ring-gear and pinion. All tapered roller bearings. Special 2-bearing arrangement receives wheel thrust at axle ends. Gear ratio, 4.4 to 1
- Midland steeldraulic, 4-wheel, internal expanding type.
- Semi-elliptic; front, 33" by 1-3/4"; rear, 55" by 2".
- 19" by 4"; either 10-spoke wood or 40-spoke wire.
- Balloon, 19 x 4.75.
- 112 inches.
- Business Coupe: 2680 pounds; Standard Coupe: 2710 pounds; De Luxe Coupe: 2825 pounds; Standard Sedan: 2780 pounds; De Luxe Sedan: 2945 pounds; De Luxe Phaeton 2875 pounds;
- STARTING, LIGHTING, IGNITION
- Electric Auto-Lite starting and lighting system. 115-ampere-hour, six-volt U.S.L. storage battery. Battery measures: 10-1/2" long by 7-1/4' wide by 8-13/16" high.
- STANDARD EQUIPMENT
- Includes electric temperature indicator and gasoline gauge, speedometer, ammeter, oil gauge, pull controls for spark, throttle and choke. Coincidental ignition lock and coil lock, foot pedal headlight control, rear view mirror, automatic windshield wiper, chromium plating on bright finished exterior hardware. Drum-type spare wheel cover marked with Durant emblem and "A Good Car" (after early February 1930)
- SEMI-DE LUXE EQUIPMENT
- Five wire wheels; Tube, tire and shell-type wheel cover for spare wheel available from dealer at additional cost.
- DE LUXE EQUIPMENT
- Six wire wheels; Shell-type spare tire covers (after early February 1930); Fully chromed head light and tail lights; Parking lamp mounted on the front fender crown.