[an error occurred while processing this directive]
1929 Durant M4
- Continental W5, 36 horsepower, four-cylinder engine.
- Cellular ribbon radiator.
- Bendix four-wheel brakes.
- Simplex shock absorbers.
- Tryon self-adjusting shackles.
- Coupe $595.001
- Sport Roadster $595.001
- Touring $595.001
- Two-Door Sedan $595.001
- Four-Door Sedan $695.001
- Brougham $675.001
- De Luxe Brougham $750.001
1 1929 prices, US dollars, f.o.b. Lansing
Serial Number Range
- C-1001 to C-15000
- E-1001 to E-15000
- L-1001 to L-15000
- T-1001 to T-2272
- Continental W5, four-cylinder, L-head type, detachable head; Nelson Bohnalite pistons with invar struts; 3-3/8" bore by 4¼" stroke; piston displacement, 152 cubic inches; N.A.C.C. rating 18.2; brake horsepower, 36 at 2,400 R.P.M. Engine mounted in rubber.
- Cast en-bloc with upper half of crankcase; detachable head.
- 1½" diameter; 5/16" lift.
- CRANKSHAFT BEARINGS
- Front, 1½" x 1-25/32"; center, 1½" x 1-9/16"; rear, 1½" x 2¾".
- CAMSHAFT BEARINGS
- Front, 1½" x 1-3/8"; center, 1-5/8" x 1"; rear, 1½" x 1-33/64".
- ENGINE LUBRICATION
- Force feed to silent timing chain and all main, connecting rod and camshaft bearings.
- COOLING SYSTEM
- Cellular ribbon radiator; capacity, 8 quarts; 16" fan, 4 blades; pump.
- GASOLINE SUPPLY
- Capacity of tank, 11½ gallons; placed at rear. Vacuum feed. Gasoline gauge on tank.
- One-inch, plain tube, air and fuel adjustment. Exhaust and intake manifold with hot spot, mounted on left side of engine.
- Single-plate, dry disc, enclosed in flywheel; seperately removable.
- Standard, selective sliding-gear type; three forward speeds and one reverse; seperately removable.
- FRONT AXLE
- Standard drop-forged "I" beam section wih reverse Elliott type steering mechanism. Timken tapered roller bearings. Ball bearing knuckles.
- REAR AXLE
- Semi-floating, simple design, with spiral-bevel ring gear and pinion.
- STEERING GEAR
- Semi-irreversible, worm and gear type. Fore-and-aft steering. Ball thrust bearings. 17" black, corrugated wheel, flush type control. Horn button in center of wheel.
- Four-wheel Bendix mechanical, internal expanding, self-energizing, 3-shoe type; 11" brake drums. Easy adjustment.
- CHASSIS LUBRICATION
- Alemite pressure system.
- Semi-elliptic; front, 36" x 1¾"; rear, 54" x 1¾". Tryon self-adjusting shackles.
- Wood artillery.
- Balloon, 28 x 4.75.
- 107 inches.
- Gear shift and parking brake levers in center; accelerator pedal mounted on toe board. Spark and throttle levers on top of steering wheel. Semi-automatic spark control. Speedometer, ammeter and oil gauge clustered in indirectly lighted instrument panel of burnt ivory finish. Ignition and lighting switch and choke mounted on instrument board.
- STARTING, LIGHTING, IGNITION
- Generator; starting motor; igniter and coil. Combination stop and tail lamp; resistance dimmer on head lamps.
- STANDARD EQUIPMENT
- Rear-vision mirror; automatic windshield wiper; electric motor-driven horn; stop light; spare tire, tube and tire cover standard equipment on all models; tool kit; bumpers front and rear; all metal trimmings chromium plated; new type body hardware. Simplex shock absorbers.