[an error occurred while processing this directive]
1929 Durant 60
- Wheelbase 109 inches
- Red Seal Continental Motor - Six Cylinder
- Rubber mounted motor
- Bendix Four-Wheel Brakes
- Morse Silent Timing Chain
- Full Force Feed Lubrication
Special Coupe (Canada)
Special Two Door Sedan (Canada)
Special Four Door Sedan (Canada)
De Luxe Two-Door Sedan
De Luxe Convertible Cabriolet
- Touring $725.001
- Roadster $755.001
- Coupe $755.001,2
- Two-Door Sedan $765.001
- Four-Door Sedan $845.001
- De Luxe Roadster3 $845.001
- De Luxe Cabriolet $895.001
- De Luxe Four-Door Sedan3 $935.001
- Roadster $685.001
- Coupe $685.001,2
- Two-Door Sedan $695.001
- Four-Door Sedan $750.001
- Cabriolet $750.001
- De Luxe Coupe3 $810.001,2
- De Luxe Roadster $810.001
- De Luxe Cabriolet $875.001
- De Luxe Two-Door Sedan3 $820.001
- De Luxe Four-Door Sedan3 $875.001
- Chassis $550.001
D60 - Canadian models?
***** pictures show optional bumpers "Front bumper and rear bumperettes are extra equipment on standard models, furnished at slight additional charge" (this might only be for series 1).
- Special Coupe
- Special Two Door Sedan
- Special Four Door Sedan
1 1929 prices, US dollars, f.o.b. Lansing
2 Rumble seat optional at slightly additional cost.
3 De Luxe models equipped with: Front Bumper, Rear Straight Bumper, Baggage Rack, Cowl lights and Band, Six wire wheels with two spare wheels mounted in front fender wells and equipped with two spare tires and tubes, and tire covers.
Serial Number Range
- C-1001 to C-5000
- E-1001 to E-5000
- L-1001 to L-5000
- T-1001 to T-5000
- C-5001 to C-22000
- E-5001 to E-18976
- L-5001 to L-18976
- T-5001 to T-22000
- Continental Red Seal Motor. Six-cylinder, L-head type, detachable head; Bohnalite pistons with invar steel struts; bore, 2-7/8"; stroke, 4-3/4"; piston displacement, 185 cubic inches; N.A.C.C. rating, 19.84; brake horsepower, 43 at 2,800 R.P.M Lanchester torsional vibration damper on front of crankshaft.
- Cast en-bloc with upper half of crankcase; detachable head.
- Intake, 1-7/16"; exhaust, 1-5/16"; 5/16" lift.
- CRANKSHAFT BEARINGS
- Front, 2-1/8" by 1-11/32"; intermediate 2-1/8" by 1-5/16" (2); rear, 2-1/8" by 1-25/32"
- CAMSHAFT BEARINGS
- Front, 1-7/8" by 1-5/16"; center front, 1-13/16" by 27/32"; center rear, 1-3/4" by 27/32"; rear, 1-9/16" by 1-3/4".
- ENGINE LUBRICATION
- Force feed to silent timing chain and all main, connecting rod and camshaft bearings. Oil filtrator.
- COOLING SYSTEM
- Cellular ribbon radiator; capacity, 12 quarts; 16" fan, 4 blades; centrifugal pump. Thermostat control.
- FUEL SYSTEM
- Capacity of tank, 11-1/2 gallons; placed at rear. Vacuum feed.
- One-inch plain tube, with air and fuel adjustment. Exhaust and intake manifold with hot spot, mounted on left side of engine.
- Single-plate, dry-disc, enclosed in flywheel; separately removable. Enclosed flywheel.
- Standard selective sliding-gear type; three speeds forward and one reverse; seperately removable.
- FRONT AXLE
- Standard drop-forged "I" beam section with reverse Elliott type steering mechanism. Timken tapered roller wheel bearings; ball thrust bearings on king pin knuckles.
- REAR AXLE
- Semi-floating, with spiral ring-gear and pinion. Simple design.
- STEERING GEAR
- Semi-irreversible, worm-and-gear type. Fore-and-aft steering. Ball thrust bearings. 17" wheel, flush type controls. Horn button on top of wheel.
- Four-wheel Bendix mechanical, internal expanding, self-energizing shoe type; 11" brake drums. Easy adjustment.
- CHASSIS LUBRICATION
- Alemite pressure system.
- Semi-elliptic; front, 36" by 1-3/4"; rear, 54" by 1-3/4". Tryon adjustable shackles. Watson Rubber Flow shock absorbers, front and rear.
- Wood artillery on standard models; wire on de luxe models.
- Balloons, 29 x 5.00
- 109 inches.
- Gear shift and parking brake levers in center; accelerator pedal mounted in toe board. Spark and throttle levers on top of steering wheel. Speedometer, ammeter, electric gasoline gauge and oil gauge clustered in indirectly lighted instrument panel. Ignition and lighting switch and choke mounted on instrument panel.
- STARTING, LIGHTING, IGNITION
- Generator; staring motor; igniter and coil; combination stop and tail lamp;
resistance dimmer on head lamps; cowl lamps for parking.
- STANDARD EQUIPMENT
- Rear-vision mirror; automatic windshield wiper; electric motor-driven horn; combination stop and tail light; chromium-plated radiator shell, lamps and other fittings; tool kit, tire carrier and extra rim on standard models.
- DE LUXE EQUIPMENT
- Front bumper; rear straight bumper; baggage rack; cowl lights and bands; 6 wire wheels with 2 spare wheels mounted in front fender wells and equipped with 2 spare tires, and tubes, and tire covers.
- [DFR-DS] V9#3, V13#1, V13#4, V15#4, V19#4, V20#3, V20#4
- [ODL] A-29-104A-6