[an error occurred while processing this directive]
1928 Durant 65
- Six-cylinder engine
- Unit power plant
- Rubber mounted motor
- Four wheel brakes
- Roomy body, extra wide doors
- Clear vision windshield
- Gasoline gauge on dash
- Motor equipped with air cleaner
- Oil purifier and gasoline filter
- Wheelbase 110 inches
- Guaranteed speed of 65 miles per hour
Two Door Sedan
Four Door Sedan
- Brougham $1,175.001,2
- Cabriolet $1,045.001,2
- Coupe $975.001,2
- Sport Roadster with wire wheels $1,025.001,2
- Two-Door Sedan $975.001,2
- Four-Door Sedan $1,075.001,2
- Touring Car $795.001,2
1 1928 prices, US dollars, f.o.b. Lansing
2 Chromium-plated cowl lights, heavy cowl molding and hood hinge furnished at slight extra cost.
Serial Number Range
- C-1001 to unknown
- E-1001 to unknown
- L-1001 to unknown
- T-1001 to unknown
- Continental 15L, six-cylinder. L-head type, detachable head; bore, 2-7/8"; stroke, 4-4/3"; piston displacement, 185 cubic inches; S.A.E. rating, 19.84; brake horsepower, 47. Engine mounted in rubber.
- Cast in block with upper half of crankcase; detachable head.
- Intake, 1-7/16"; exhaust, 1-5/16"; 5/16" lift.
- Bearings - Front, 1-7/8" x 1-5/16"; intermediate, 2-1/8" x 1-3/16" (2); rear, 2-1/8" x 1-9/16"; Torsional vibration dampner.
- CAMSHAFT BEARINGS
- Front, 1-7/8" x 1-5/16"; center front, 1-13/16" x 27/32"; center rear, 1-3/4" x 27/32"; rear, 1-9/16" x 1-3/4".
- ENGINE LUBRICATION
- Force feed to silent timing chain and all main, connecting-rod and camshaft bearings. Oil Filtrator.
- COOLING SYSTEM
- Honeycomb-type radiator; capacity, 12 quarts; 16: fan, 4 blades; pump; thermostatic control; electric heat indicator on dash.
- GASOLINE SUPPLY
- Capacity of tank, 11-1/2 gallons; placed at rear. Vacuum feed; electric gasoline gauge on dash.
- One-inch, plain tube, with air and fuel adjustment. Exhaust and intake mounted on left side of engine. Air cleaner and gasoline filter.
- Single-plate, dry-disc, enclosed in the fly-wheel.
- Standard selective sliding-gear type; three speeds forward and one reverse. Unit mounting with engine.
- FRONT AXLE
- Standard drop-forged "I" beam section with reverse Elliot type steering mechanism. Tapered roller wheel bearings.
- REAR AXLE
- Semi-floating, simple design with spiral ring-gear and pinion.
- STEERING GEAR
- Semi-irreversible, worm-and-gear type; fore-and-aft steering; ball thrust bearings. 17" wheel. Horn button on wheel.
- Four-wheel Bendix mechanical, internal expanding, self-energizing, 3-shoe type; 11" brake drums. Easy adjustment.
- CHASSIS LUBRICATION
- Alemite system.
- Semi-elliptic; front, 36" x 1-3/4"; rear, 54" x 1-3/4".
- Wood artillery wheels on the coupe, four-door sedan, two-door sedan and touring models; wire wheels on the brougham, cabriolet and sport roadster models
- Balloons, 29 x 5.00.
- 110 inches.
- Center control; accelerator pedal mounted on toe board; spark and throttle levers on top of steering wheel. Speedometer, ammeter, oil gauge, electric heat indicator, electric gasoline gauge and instrument lamp clustered on instrument board. Ignition and lighting switch and choke mounted on instrument board.
- STARTING, LIGHTING, IGNITION
- Generator, starting motor, igniter and coil; Glolite depressible-beam headlamps with control switch on toe board; combination stop and tail light; indirect instrument board light with individual switch.
- STANDARD EQUIPMENT
- Four shock absorbers; rear-vision mirror; automatic windshield wiper; electric motor driven horn; tire carrier and extra rim; coincidental ignition lock; front bumper, rear bumperettes, extra tire and tire cover on Sport Roadster and Brougham.
- OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT
- Chromium-plated cowl lights, heavy cowl molding and hood hinge, at slight extra cost.