[an error occurred while processing this directive]
1923 Durant B-22
- Six cylinder Continental engine
- Secret formulation, Formica timing gears on crankshaft and generator
- Rayfield carburetor
- Coupe $2,2501 (in Canada - $2,9002)
- Roadster $1,6001 (in Canada - $2,0502)
- Sedan $2,4001 (in Canada - $3,1002)
- Touring $2,1001 (in Canada - $2,1002)
- Touring Sedan
1 1923 prices, US dollars, f.o.b. Muncie
2 1923 prices, Canadian dollars, f.o.b. Toronto
Serial Number Range
- Ex-101 to EX-3318
- NYX-1005 to NYX-3738
- Continental 6 cylinder overhead valve type, 3¼" bore, 4½" stroke. Pistons of exceptionally light cast iron, with two rings and 1/16" walls. All pistons weighed equally within one-tenth ounce.
- Cylinders cast en bloc with upper part of crankcase, head detachable.
- Heavy, with 2-1/4" and 2-1/8" main bearings, and 2-1/4" crank pins, shaft counterbalanced within on-tenth ounce, free from vibration.
- CONNECTING RODS
- Bushing cast directly into large end; ends uniformly balanced.
- TIMING GEARS
- Camshaft gear, cast iron; generator and crankshaft gears, both Formica -- secret noiseless composition.
- ENGINE LUBRICATION
- Automatically controlled pressure to all main bearings through gear-driven oil pump and entire length of crankshaft. Pressure indicator on dash and "sure" gauge on motor side.
- COOLING SYSTEM
- Fan and impeller type water pump, V-belt drive from crankshaft, thermo-syphon emergency circulation.
- Rayfield carburetor.
- GASOLINE SUPPLY
- Stewart vacuum system from 20-gallon tank with two-gallon reserve and gauge on rear.
- Ten disc dry plate type enclosed forming part of flywheel and independently removable.
- Standard, selective type, sliding gear, three speeds forward, one reverse; mounted as an independent unit.
- FRONT AXLE
- REAR AXLE
- Timken, semi-floating, spiral bevel ring gear and pinion. Shafts removable through outer ends. Wheel pullers in rear wheels hubs.
- Service, external contracting; emergency, internal expanding on 14" drums.
- CHASSIS LUBRICATION
- Full semi-elliptic. Front, 35-7/8" x 2" ten leaves. Rear, 56-1/8" x 2-1/4", twelve leaves.
- Wooden artillery standard on most models. Disc wheels available for an additional $25. Disc wheels standard on the Touring Sedan.
- Straight side cord non-skid, 32" x 4½", front and rear.
- 123½ inches
- ELECTRIC SYSTEM
- Auto-lite generator, starting motor and lighting system. Two-unit type, U.S.L. Battery.
- Drum-shaped headlights, with legal lenses and dimmers; dash and tail lights; license holder; electric horn button on steering wheel; speedometer, ammeter and oil gauge; demountable rims with extra rim and carrier; robe rail, moto-meter, front bumper, Alemite compressor and complete set of tools. The Touring Sedan includes, besides this equipment, a trunk rack with trunk, disc wheels with two extra wheels and a rear bumper.
- [ODL] A-23-106-2, A-23-110-6